(2523 Prytania St)
(1140 Royal St.)
I received the Versatile Blogger Award from BookGirl, so now I have to tell you 7 things about myself.
- I can drink coffee at 9 p.m. and fall asleep in a few minutes. If I drink wine at 9 p.m., I will stay awake past midnight.
- I read the Enquirer and Star tabloid magazines while shopping at the grocery store and then put it back on the display rack. I buy a copy, maybe once a year.
- Law and Order (in New York City, all permutations) is one of my favorite TV shows. I am not sure whether I will like the new one, which is set in Los Angeles.
- Coca-Cola saved my life. When I was small, I had double pneumonia. The only thing that I could keep down for a long time was a small bottle of Coca-Cola. The doctor said it was OK, as long as I got some liquid inside me. When I told my newest doctor about what I did to stay alive, he freaked out.
- I ate a flower/barnacle salad at Sooke Harbour Restaurant on Vancouver Island.
- I drank the water in Machu Picchu and didn't get sick. A large stream of water came from the ground. I took a chance and assumed it was pure. I had been drinking bottled water and just wanted some fresh water.
- I've been in TWO homes once owned by Nicholas Cage (the actor). The home on Prytania was actually a chapel when I was growing up. The author, Ann Rice, was able to purchase it and it was NOT announced by the priests until it was too late to protest. She renovated it and sold it. The other person then sold it to Cage, who lost it in foreclosure. Many years ago, I attended a friend's party on the Royal St home. It was sold to Cage; he renovated it and later lost the home.
So, now I am passing the award to:
I can't wait to read what you write.