I had a great Thanksgiving: great family time, quiet and tasty meal, family, and my colds are gone!
I have a lot to be thankful for, especially in the book world.
When I buy books, I can select from many great bookstores that are independently owned. I travel to different parts of the city and find out what's new in the New Orleans book world.
Here are my favorites; however there are more stores in the city.
- McKeown's Books and Difficult Music - a great selection of used books. The owner has recently expanded the space, so there's more room to browse and sit down to preview books.
- Blue Cypress Books - sells mostly used books, but also holds some book signings for local authors. Also, the new home for the International Fiction Book Club of New Orleans
- Beth's Books - a combination used and new books, with a great selection of graphic novels and magazines. It has has cool gifts, such as soap, cards, notebooks, etc.
- Garden District Book Shop - a great store for new books. The staff can help you find that books whose name you don't remember.
- Octavia Books - another great store for new books. I've attended several book signings of national authors and enjoyed being there.
I am interested in what you have to be happy about, book-wise, in your life!