Now, the artist and Direction of IFC, Jennifer Marsh, needs your help for the latest project, The Tree Project.
If you are going to spend time with children for Christmas, Hanukkah, or Kwansaa, all of you can participate.
Marsh needs about 30,000 leaves by March 15, 2009!
Here's what you need to do:
- Leaves should be created using fiber or fiber techniques.
- Entrants are encouraged to be creative in deciding on materials and techniques, and may paint, stitch, crochet, patch, quilt, knit, or glue (water resistant glue).
- Each leaf should measure roughly 5 in. wide (at its thickest) x 7 in. long.
- Leaves may also have shape and dimension.
- Submissions may relate to interdependence in a social, economical, political, ecological, or geographical way.
I've started on a few and will do some more this month.
Please spread the word about this fun project