- The meeting to help out the indie bookstores went well. I will keep you updated as more news happens.
- I have finished a couple of books for the Seafaring Challenge, but I can't post my reviews until Nov 1st.
- I am giving away some of my books tonight to a teacher, whose school in New Orleans East doesn't have a library. I am excited about meeting such a caring person. She wants to build a library in her classroom. Whatever books aren't good for her students' reading level, she will give to other students.
- I have chosen the books that I will nominate for my bookclub's selection night in November:
Gilgamesh - Joan London (reviewed previously)
The Liberated Bride by A. B. Yehoshua - a Jewish professor thinks about his family life and cares about all his students, especially his Palestian ones.
I am also try to find one non-fiction to recommend and maybe one more fiction.
Now, the Little Grrs
- A steady rain almost drowns the city and surrounding suburbs! Huh?
- I still don't have Internet at home. After waiting 3 weeks for a tech, we find out that that company can't enter our neighborhood or home due to a lawsuit by a neighbor. Urggh.
- I tried another company, but my computer doesn't recognize the hardware.